Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sometimes you feel like a Nut...

Wow have times been crazy in our household! Between trying to get healthy, trying to start a business, trying to finish school, and working a fulltime schedule, its crazy! Top that with my beautiful baby sister due this week and you have a recipe for unsound sleep and sore muscles LOL. That didn't stop me from baking and going to my first cupcake store!

First, I visited Katie's Cupcakes in Bellingham. It was so good! Cute lil shop with nice girls. Met Katie herself and was the first to try her new Strawberry Shortcake cupcake. Its a cupcake filled with strawberry jelly and topped with cream cheese. I gotta try that one myself! We also tried her coconut cupcake, the very vanilla cupcake, and the mocha mocha cupcake. The Mocha was good, but really sweet and I think they used coffee flavoring in the icing instead of strong coffee. I give it a 7. The coconut was kinda dry, encouraged me to set out to make a better one. Its a 6. The strawberry shortcake was to die for. Its a 9. The vanilla were perfect. They had great texture and sweet frosting. Another 9. They also had milk with free refills just cause. Loved that! Go visit and try for yourself!



On to my cupcake, Coconut with Buttercream and shreaded coconut. Ok so I said last weeks was my favorite. I lied. Its this one.













Best texture yet, not dry at all, and fill it with pineapples and mango and you have a tropical treat. Theres even finely ground coconut in the batter! Oh and coconut milk in the batter and the buttercream. TOTAL WIN.

Soon I'll take on Seattle, til then I'll enjoy these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment